Monday, September 15, 2014

9-15-14 President's Weekly Letter

Dear Elders and Sisters,

Sister Blickenstaff and I were blessed with the opportunity to attend the Mission President’s Seminar last week in Hong Kong. We are so grateful for inspired leaders and felt spiritually nourished and deeply enriched as we actively participated in the discussions and activities prepared by our Area Presidency. I returned home with greater love my calling and a renewed desire to do the things that my Heavenly Father would have me do. I do not want to just put in my time as I serve here in Taiwan. I am trying to fully consecrate myself and all that I have to the Lord as I serve. Like you, my time in this assignment is limited and I feel a deep desire to serve with all of my heart, mind and strength. If there are things that I need to change and do differently, I want to know about them so that I can continually improve and be what the Lord needs me to be. I want to be worthy, obedient and diligent as I go about my work each day. Perhaps my greatest desire is to have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost.

We are excited about zone conferences this week! We look forward to seeing each of you. We have prepared activities and discussions that are intended to inspire and lift you just as we were inspired and lifted by the MP seminar last week. I encourage you to prayerfully prepare yourself so that you may receive all that you can as you attend. Our focus this week will be our missionary purpose. I hope that we can more fully understand it and measure all that we do by whether or not it contributes to accomplishing our purpose. As always, the most important things that you will learn during zone conference will be given directly to you by the Holy Ghost from a loving Heavenly Father. Humbly seek to be taught, listen to the whisperings of the spirit, and commit to follow the promptings that you receive, so that you may be an example of the Savior.

This week my personal study included 1 Nephi 13:37. “And blessed are they who shall seek to bring forth my Zion at that day, for they shall have the gift and the power of the Holy Ghost; and if they endure unto the end they shall be lifted up at the last day, and shall be saved in the everlasting kingdom of the Lamb; and whoso shall publish peace, yea, tidings of great joy, how beautiful upon the mountains shall they be.” Are you seeking to “bring forth Zion?” Are you “publishing peace?” As you earnestly strive to do so each day, be inspired by the wonderful promises and blessings made to you!

President Blickenstaff

Mentor of Champions

No comments:

Post a Comment